Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Marshmallows Taught Me...



Never in my life, not even once, I imagine Me finishing an English novel. But on August 20, 2008 I have finally fed myself, munched and swallowed my last 'Marshmallows for Breakfast.' It was the best last spoon that I had. I was relieved as I finished the very last sentence. Yet, I felt different. I still do and I will always do. And for that, I am thankful.

One brilliant piece, one month of time and I have learned so much. As I am typing this, from the bottom of my heart, I keep on reminding myself that 'this end is only a beginning.' If I wished to gain more, I have to make it a habit. I must. In case anyone is yet to get it, 'it' is reading.

I have no idea how Dorothy Koomson looks like. It'd crossed my mind to just surf the Internet and search for her image. But then I thought it would spoil the whole thing. She is THE STRANGER that heals a heart. So let it be. It just doesn't matter. I love what I read, what she writes. That matters, a lot..

The message is simple and easy. It's everyday life, though it might not be ours. It is how we adopt the message, how we understand it. Different minds, different views.

I understand now that in many parts of life, I have to give up. I should consider pausing and leaving behind things that are not meant for me. No doubt I must fight for what I desire but at certain points, I must stop. I must face and accept the fact 'It doesn't belong to me. Move on.' But do turn back, to always remind myself not to repeat the same mistakes again.

Let things come naturally. Take it with open arms, heart and mind only if it is what I want. Let it pass through if it is the other way round. Do not let it in just because I want to give it a chance for I will definitely regret. And whenever I think I'm living hell of a life, I've got to remember those in worst conditions ever. Perhaps mine isn't that bad.

As I turned from pages to chapters, Kendra whispered another important message. Never ever dream and hope. Instead, face today as if it's the only one I have. Make it my best. Draw something, anything that I like and fill it with my colours. Be it whatever the rests wish to comment. If again a person is to get hurt, it is no one but me. Cubaikhlas is rather hurt than hurting.

I already put a FULL STOP for an item, a COMMA for another. Are you now considering the same? Wallahualam..

(p/s: hugs for the owner of the material.. 'the cupid effect' is next..)



No comments: